Character carrying flowers taking a picture with a smartphone

Home Insurance

Your home may be the biggest purchase you make in your life, but here at Avail Mortgages, we know it’s so much more than that. Your home is where you watched the kids grow up, and where you saw them come into their own. Your home has been the stage for parties, anniversaries and other joyous occasions that have brought friends and family together. Your house is where you long for after a long day or a trying time, providing that comfort that is hard to replace. That’s why having to do so can be so devastating, especially without suitable home insurance in place. Home insurance is designed to protect your house from events such as fires, storms and floods, as well as from theft and vandalism. When you consider how expensive rebuilding costs and replacements could be, a home insurance policy provides a cost-effective solution that protects your largest asset.


With access to leading insurers including Aviva, AXA, LV and Zurich, and a ‘No Claims Discount’ available, our home insurance brokers will help you find the most suitable home insurance policy based on your needs. To learn more and to find your insurance quote, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us today. We provide help for clients in areas such as Leeds, Huddersfield, Bradford, York and Harrogate, so we know that we can help you too.


What Does Home Insurance Cover?

When it comes to home insurance, there are two types: building insurance and contents cover. Building insurance is mandatory in the UK and covers the building itself – the actual structure of your home, which includes the roof, walls, and windows and other permanent parts of the house like your kitchen and bathroom. Contents insurance, on the other hand, covers your personal belongings within the house, such as your television, laptop, and jewellery. As a general rule, building insurance covers the cost of rebuilding your house from the ground up, and content insurance covers the cost of replacing your belongings if they are damaged, destroyed or stolen. It’s common for homeowners to take out both home building and contents insurance, for the best protection of their homes.

From home emergency cover and legal cover through to accidental damage home insurance cover and bicycle cover, we can also provide add ons to your insurance policy here at Avail Mortgages.

It’s important to note that where a mortgage is required, Buildings Insurance is a mandatory purchase.

Character opening a door

Get In Touch

What does home insurance cover? What is home building insurance? Do I need home contents insurance? For answers to all of these questions and more, and for your personalised insurance quote, please get in touch with Avail Mortgages today. Serving clients in areas including Leeds, Huddersfield and York, we’ll help you find the most suitable home insurance policy for you.